The Cliffs is a collection of 7 privately owned residential communities rooted in the art of luxury hospitality. Located near Greenville, Asheville, and Clemson, The Cliffs is proud to showcase our open opportunities in the culinary world to all our local foodies.
The Cliffs at Glassy is located in Landrum, SC and sits on top of the beautiful Glassy Mountain. Glassy is hiring a kitchen assistant/dishwasher who is interested in pursuing a future in the realm of culinary. The Cliffs offers competitive pay and full time benefits. Full time and part time opportunities are available for this entry level position.
Team Cliffs is the champion of the local chapter in the "Competition Dining Series", and will progress to the final round in Raleigh, NC at the end of the month.
Join the team of champions! Apply online at http://cliffsliving.com/careers or call at 864-371-1006.
- Ensure an inspired, aligned and transparent long term partnership of Members, Associates and Vendors dedicated to encouraging sustainable Total Wellness in all of its attributes including physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, ecological and financial wellness.
- Provide Relational Service to all Members, Guests of Members and Discovery Guests.
- Focus on Details to provide high quality products and service to Members.
- Strive for Continuous Improvement in knowledge, quality, consistency, service, products, work environment, financial metrics, safety, wellness and member satisfaction.
- Assists cooks in their tasks.
- Obtains necessary products and small equipment items required for food preparation.
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing all assigned items.
- Follows manufacturers’ instructions when operating food production and serving equipment.
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices.
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and other smallware items to the proper areas.
- Washes all wares in dishwashing machine or by hand according to the highest sanitation standards.
- Polishes all silverware, platters, and chafing dishes.
- Collects trash from kitchen areas; empties garbage cans and washes and re-lines with new bags. Breaks down boxes, crates, and removes debris.
- Examines garbage for misplaced silverware, dishes, glassware, and other reusable items.
- Washes and polishes all stainless steel in the kitchen including shelves, dish cabinets, ice machines, coffee area, refrigerators, walk-ins, etc.
- Washes and cleans receiving, trash, and other kitchen-related areas.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Stores all dishes and other wares in proper areas.
- Cleans dish machine and dish area after each meal period.
- Performs other tasks such as assisting in food preparation, storing foods after delivery and cleaning coolers, freezers, and storerooms.
- Maintains inventories of soap, chemicals, and paper towels.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Handles all china and glassware carefully to minimize breakage.
- Continuously inspects floors in kitchen areas to assure they remain clean, clear of debris and dry.
- Assists in completing weekly kitchen cleaning and maintenance list.
- Cleans and safely stores all brooms, mops, and other cleaning equipment in their proper places.
- Observe guidelines related to the maintenance of safe working conditions in the kitchen.
- Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
- Assist with other duties as instructed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
Background / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year general kitchen work related experience preferred.
- Basic knife skills.
- Knowledge of health department regulations.
- Basic English language communication skills with ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Pleasant personality and professional appearance.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to continuously stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
- Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment.
- Ability to work underextended exposure to steam and hot water and cleaning chemicals.