GSP expecting more than 31,000 customers to pass through the airport Tuesday through Sunday.
The 31,655 projected passengers represent 3,141 more than last year during the same period.
Tips from the GSP staff include:
• Start packing a clean bag. Some items you may have tucked away in a little compartment inside your bag may have been fine for travel by car but inappropriate to bring on-board an aircraft. A full list of prohibited items can be found on the TSA website at www.tsa.gov.
• Liquids and gels packed in a carry-on bag must not be larger than 3.4 ounces and must fit in one sealed, clear, quart-sized zip top bag. Liquid make-up of any kind and perfume must also be included in the zip top bag. Remember, only one bag per person.
• Dress smart. Large belt buckles, oversized zippers, rhinestones and metal studs are examples of the kinds of things that will keep you from passing through the screening check-point with ease.
• Arrive early. The airlines recommend 1.5 to 2 hours prior to departure.
• Be patient. There may be large crowds of infrequent flyers.
• Forget your ID? Don’t panic. In most cases you will still be allowed to fly if you can answer a series of questions to prove your identity.
• Gifts wrapped in holiday paper are certainly pretty but you may have to unwrap them in order to get through the screening process. The best advice is to pack your gifts unwrapped.
Contact GSP Communications Department at 864-848-6249 for more information.