Quiz: How is your etiquette?

Published on Monday, May 19, 2014

Enlarge photo

David Evans
Consultant for etiquette and business protocol

David Evans

Consultant for etiquette and business protocol


• Take David Evans’ etiquette quiz.

Now that National Etiquette week has passed, David Evans has a quiz he’s invited professionals, students and individuals to take. Answers are provided.

Technical skills and knowledge account for 15 percent of the reason you get a job, keep a job and are promoted. The remaining 85 percent of your job success is connected to your people skills, according to research at Harvard University and The Carnegie Foundation.

Evans spent a career at Milliken & Company as Hospitality Services Area and Director of Brand Experience. That also included being certified at the prestigious The Protocol School of Washington.

When Roger Milliken entertained U.S. Presidents, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, statesman and business leaders from around the world it was Evans’ responsibility to make sure all protocol was exacting.

Evans, since retired, now is promoting a consulting business to help individuals and employees learn skills that will enhance their value to clients and companies.

Soft skills, according to 86 percent of employers, are among the most important hiring criteria. This from University of Massachusetts economists.

Email David Evans here.



Related Photo Galleries

Leave a Comment

Trending: Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, Obituaries, Chon Restaurant, Allen Bennett Hospital


View All Events