Facebook

Grease fire closes Mason Jar kitchen, bar remains open

STAFF REPORTS
Published on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Enlarge photo

The Greer Fire Department responded to a grease fire that was quickly extinguished at the Mason Jar at 202 Trade Street Tuesday afternoon.
 

Mark Tucker

The Greer Fire Department responded to a grease fire that was quickly extinguished at the Mason Jar at 202 Trade Street Tuesday afternoon.

 



Enlarge photo

Mark Tucker

The Greer Fire Department was called to the Mason Jar restaurant at 202 Trade Street Tuesday afternoon for a small grease fire.

No other damage was were reported to attached businesses.

The bar is open but the restaurant will be closed until the kitchen is cleaned, said Fire Chief Chris Harvey. The fire was caused by the backsplash, Harvey said.

Did you know?

A study published by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission found that 75 percent of range or stove fires started with food ignitions. Forty-three percent began with cooking oil; 33 percent started with fish or meat. Sixty-three percent of the range or stove fires beginning with food occurred when someone was frying.

 

Share



Related Photo Galleries


Leave a Comment



Trending: Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, Obituaries, Chon Restaurant, Allen Bennett Hospital

GREER CALENDAR

View All Events