The Miss South Carolina workshop weekend is scheduled Feb. 26-28 in Columbia.
Among the beauty queens from greater Greer attending the event are the following girls crowned at the J. Harley Bonds Career Center representing Blue Ridge/Foothills, Wade Hampton/Taylors and Travelers Rest.
• Mya Machen, Miss Blue Ridge Foothills, a native of Fountain Inn. Machen is 20 and is an opera singer.
• Trina Pham, Miss Blue Ridge Foothills Teen, a resident of Mauldin. Attends Greenville Tech Charter High School where is she is a junior. She is a pianist.
• McKenna Luzynski, Miss Wade Hampton Taylors, is a native of Roanoke, Va., who attends Furman University. She performs ballet en pointe.
• Ashleigh Smith, Miss Wade Hampton Taylors Teen, is an eighth grader who resides in Columbia. She attends Fulmer Middle School and is a clogger.
• Stormie McDonald, Miss Travelers Rest, is a graduate of Wade Hampton High School. She is attending Greenville Technical College where she is pursuing a degree in business. She is a vocalist.
• Bailey Phillips, Miss Travelers Rest Teen, is a native of Greenville and attends Wade Hampton High where she is a junior. She is a tap dancer and takes dance at A Step Above in Greer.
Saturday, the Miss and Teen contestants with attend an all-day general meeting for parents, prince and princesses, committee members and the contestant’s support team.
The judges seminar and contestant placement will be held Saturday evening.
Group photos will be held at locations throughout Columbia on Sunday.
The Miss South Carolina and Teen pageant is June 21-24 at the Township Auditorium in Columbia with Teen finals on June 23 and the Miss finals on June 24.